Monday, January 8, 2018

DIY Embellishments by Yvette!

Happy New Year, My Creative Scrapbook Fans!  For today layout I decided to use the flowers from the Jillibean Soup stamp sets to create some DIY embellishments.
 

I started by collecting all of my supplies...white cardstock, scissors, ink pads etc. 


Next, I stamped the flower and leaf images a few times onto a piece of white cardstock using a few different colors.


Once everything was stamped I took one of my favorite craft scissors and started fussy cutting all of the stamps images, making sure to leave a white border around the outside.      


I then started building a series of layers using the gorgeous patterned papers from the *Welcome Home* collection, along with some cardstock. Below you will find a few close-ups photos showing you the layering process.



I started playing around with the placement of my photos and came up with the idea of creating a pocket.  I love the added texture and interest this create, as will as a place to hold my photos.




On the lower left side of the pocket I created a cluster with the stamped flowers along with a *Welcome Home* chipboard piece and a wood veneer from Jillibean Soup (included in this month's main kit).



I used some of the Alphabet foam stickers to create a title and added a few more stamped flowers to the top right and left area of my title.  


I really hope you enjoyed this tutorial and got you inspired to create your own embellishments using your stamp sets.

Thank you of stopping by :) Yvette xx
I hope you felt inspired today and if you're not a subscriber yet, give it a try. The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it!!!!




No comments: