Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Walk through with Tracy!

Hello crafty friends! Tracy here, and today I have a fun little layout tutorial to share. This is the first layout that I created with my January Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook, featuring the Welcome Home collection from Carta Bella.
MCS-TracyJanMain-1
The first thing I did was grab that beautiful floral patterned paper with the white background. I fussy cut out all of the flowers and leaves while watching some good Netflix shows. I left a little white border around all of my pieces.
IMG_5443
The navy patterned paper is my 12x12 layer. The white wood patterned paper is the layout background, cut to 11.25x11.25. Then I took a large dinner plate and traced a circle in the middle of the layout as a guide for my wreath.
IMG_5448
I added a couple of flags in the top left hand corner of the layout. Then added a flower and leaves using 3D foam squares of different thicknesses.
Add flowers and leaves all the way around the traced circle, again using different thicknesses of foam, and some adhered straight to the layout.
IMG_5580
Mat the photo in kraft, white and brown cardstock and adhere to the middle of the wreath using 3D foam squares. I also added the large heart to the bottom right hand portion of the wreath.
I added a die cut tag split in half above and below the matted photo.
IMG_5575
Add a few more embellishments here and there, and voila!
IMG_5577
Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

Monique Liedtke said...

Awesome page Tracy!! Can't believe that you hand cut all those flowers!! WOW! amazing job!